Joint Voluntary Surveillance Assessment (JVSA)
As an authorized CMMC 3rd Party Assessment Organization (C3PAO), Peak InfoSec is allowed to submit Defense Industrial Base companies for a Joint Voluntary Surveillance Assessment (JVSA) by the Defense Contract Management Agency’s (DCMA) Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Assessment Center (DIBCAC).
About a JVSA
A successful JVSA for NIST SP 800-171 by Peak InfoSec and DIBCAC can benefit a company in multiple ways:
- Improved cybersecurity posture: The JVSA assesses a company’s compliance with the security requirements outlined in NIST SP 800-171, which are designed to protect sensitive government information. By identifying weaknesses and vulnerabilities within the company’s network and systems and providing guidance on how to address them, the JVSA can help the company improve its cybersecurity posture and reduce the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches.
- Enhanced compliance: Compliance with NIST SP 800-171 is required for companies that handle sensitive government information. By undergoing a JVSA, a company can assess its compliance with security requirements and identify areas where it needs to improve. This information can be used to develop a plan to address any weaknesses and improve compliance.
- DIBCAC Scoring: A successful JVSA for NIST SP 800-171 can result in DIBCAB entering your compliance score in SPRS score as a “High Score.” A “High” SPRS score can improve a company’s chances of winning government contracts, reduce the risk of losing contracts due to cybersecurity concerns, and enhance the company’s reputation for cybersecurity excellence.
- Competitive advantage: Many government contracts require companies to comply with NIST SP 800-171. By undergoing a JVSA and demonstrating compliance, a company can improve its competitiveness for these contracts and potentially win more business.
- Increased customer confidence: By undergoing a JVSA and demonstrating a commitment to cybersecurity, a company can increase customer confidence in its ability to protect sensitive information. This can help the company retain existing customers and attract new ones.
Overall, a JVSA for NIST SP 800-171 can benefit a company by improving its cybersecurity posture, enhancing compliance, providing a competitive advantage, enabling better risk management, and increasing customer confidence.
Please use the form below to let us know if your company would like to pursue a JVSA with Peak InfoSec.