Does your business have CMMC-defined “Specialized Assets”? Are you struggling to determine how to apply NIST SP 800-171 requirements to them?
In this “As the CMMC Churns,” we take a look at “Specialized Assets,” or when broken down, government property, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, Operational Technology (OT), Restricted Information Systems, and Test Equipment and how to apply NIST SP 800-171 scoping to them and then tactics to secure them.
This episode builds on two previous Churns episodes:
1. How to apply the NIST SP 800-171 Scope of Applicability (https://peakinfosec.com/as-the-cmmc-churns/as-the-cmmc-churns-nist-sp-800-171-scope-of-applicability/)
2. The Three Descoping Methods (https://peakinfosec.com/as-the-cmmc-churns/as-the-cmmc-churns-the-three-descoping-methods/)
We also reference the NIST SP 800-171 and CMMC Level 2 Assessment Scoping Process Diagram at https://peakinfosec.com/information-security/compliance/nist-sp-800-171-and-cmmc-level-2-assessment-scoping-process-diagram/.
Upcoming “As the CMMC Churns” Episodes:
– 26 Jan: Documenting your Scope
– 2 Feb: Apple Macs and CMMC
– 8 Feb: DIBCAC Frequent Gaps
– 16 Feb: Vulnerability Management for Remote Workers
Peak InfoSec Homepage: https://peakinfosec.com
As the CMMC Churns Episodes: https://peakinfosec.com/as-the-cmmc-churns/
Contact Peak InfoSec for Support: https://peakinfosec.com/contact/